Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Press On


Ok, time for a confession. So I bought this BEAUTIFUL picture for our home of some horses racing forward, and on the picture Phillipians 3:14 is written.


"I press on toward the goal, to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Jesus Christ"


So the real confession is that this verse honestly has never really insipred me for some reason, VERY sad, I know!!!! I guess maybe I didn't get it. I bought the picture for the horses and thought it was s nice touch that it had a bible verse on it, I actually forgot until this morning, what verse WAS on it!


Well, this morning, during my God time, God told me to turn to Phillipians 3:14 (I had even forgotten what the verse said). As I turned there I was a little disappointed, because I just don't get this verse completely. So I asked God... what IS the goal?? Heaven??? I already HAVE that through my salvation, why do I need to "press on TOWARDS it". Ok.... I'm letting you all see the stupid side of me.... but it's good to be humble right?


So God tells me this.... "When you come to heaven I will want to see how you've invested what I've given you. Have you taken my talents and invested and multiplied them, or have you merely burried your faith and salvation in a jar, hoping to turn it in to Me in heaven some day like a ticket to enter. If you've invested wisely, and brought me a harvest, I will say, well done good and faithful servant, and there is no better prize than that!"
Matthew 25: 14-30


Amen... once again... I'm humbled and I ask God to give me the wisdom to invest wisely in people around me, pour what God has given me into them.


Now I get it. I will press on.

2 comments:

Traveling Ashley said...

Thank you... I needed that. I need to invest myself more in people for God as well.

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks for sharing Hope!