Thursday, August 21, 2008

Signs of "Fall"

Oh how I love Michigan... yes it might be AUGUST... but you know fall is coming when the steam starts to roll off your pond in the morning! I've been excited to see this the last few mornings... you know what it means... the water is warmer than the air! It got down into the 40's last night!! And that is a joyous thing to me! I love fall... if we could have 10 months of fall and 2 of winter... or maybe 6 of each... I would be a VERY happy person. I may have been created to live in Alaska!

However... this wasn't the only type of "Fall" I saw signs of this morning!

After feeding my horse I went out to sit on the swing by the pond to pray and to watch the steam come off the pond. And God lovingly said to me that our prayers are like that steam. You see in the water cycle... that steam cannot turn into liquid again until it hits the heavens... then it FALLS down as rain and stays for a while, gathered in the pond. Our prayers cannot turn into blessing until we literally lift them up to heaven either. We can wish things... but until we lift them up to God, we will never get blessings FALLING on us, and answers rained back down upon us... they need to reach the heavens first. And isn't great when those blessings do FALL and pool up, staying with us a while, like a baby or an adopted child coming home! So we all need to keep the cycle of prayer going!! And I am praying for all of you!


3 comments:

Traveling Ashley said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting!

Traveling Ashley said...

The weather here is WONDERFUL!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks so much for sharing that Hope...it truly blessed me!