Saturday, August 16, 2008

sick

So I have been sick for over a week now. I hate being a whiner... but to be honest... I am being one. I am generally a healthy person!!! If I get sick I'm better in a day or two!! I have not gone to the doctors yet... because every day I feel a little bit better... and being pregnant, I doubt there is much to do but wait it out anyway. Prayers would be appreciated. Basically both ears are plugged and I can hardly hear a thing. Last night we watched a movie and Rob had tell me everything they were saying... finally... I kid you not... we turned the TV up as loud as it could go. Poor Rob. =)

Secondly. I have really really been missing and thinking about David and Guillanda a lot lately. It just still crosses my mind why the situation seemed totally of God and now we are going the opposite direction. Recently a horse trainer told me an analogy that helped me quite a bit. She said when she trains a horse for a show she never trains them on the exact course they actually will go through during the competition because she doesn't want the horse to be stuck to a routine or a comfort zone. She trains them to do the things needed for the show but in a different order, so they want to follow her direction... not what they think they can already expect. The horses have to rely on her... not what they think they already know. Then she said, she sometimes even will lead a horse all the way up to an obstacle in the course and command it to move away from the obstacle at the very last minute instead of jumping over it. Her reason for doing this is basically the same. She wants to know the horse is willing to follow her... not just do what it thinks it "should", not just jump over the next thing coming. A horse should always be in tune to what it's master wants... and so should we when it comes to our God. That helped... but I still catch myself wandering back to the barrel and really wanting to jump it! I guess like the simple mind of a horse... my mind does the same thing... "it's there... it just doesn't make sense to put it there if you don't want me to jump it!" But, I would rather listen to my trainer... I would benefit better in the long run.

7 comments:

CG said...

Wow, that really is a PERFECT and lovely analogy! I could certainly apply it to my own life but in the opposite way- to preparing for bio children, losing them and then being brought to our heart children. You never fully get over the ones you lose, but I do think you do find a lot more joy in those you get to keep! I hope you feel better soon!

Salzwedel Family said...

Yes, that analogy is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing that.

Prayers going up for health for you.

Sarah and Tim said...

hang in there! Praying for you!

Sarah and Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing! I LOVE it!!

Praying for you!

Kathy Eden said...

AWESOME analogy Hope! Thanks for sharing it!

angela said...

hope, that was excellent! that is exactly how we need to trust our Master. and it is absolutely fair and right for you to still be missing the kids and thinking about them. i continue to pray for them everytime i think of them, see their picture, and think of you.
the Lord is good all the time.

and i will surely be praying for your health too!