Sunday, June 17, 2007

FEELING IT

SO... one thing (among others) that I learned in church today... is that the beautiful Aboriginal people of Australia still have something our culture has lost. They feel it! Before I tell you what that means... let me alert you to one thing we all need to know... Aboriginals were considered ANIMALS until 40 years ago! That means you could legally rape, kill or kidnap them and not get charged with a crime! What a horrible act of the Devil is that!!!!?? We need to pray for these beautiful people. Pray for the spiritual healing for these people as well as physical healing... their bodies have been shocked by the carbohydrate loaded diet that has been brought to society.

So what do they feel? The Spirit God has put in each of us. When these beautiful people great each other they prefer to touch the person they meet by a handshake or a hug in order to feel the Spirit inside the other person... sounds weird to us at first... but I believe it can be beautiful. So... I feel like today a wonderful aboriginal couple explained to me exactly what I felt when I touched my children for the first time... I felt the Spirit in them confirming to the Spirit in me that they were my children. NO DOUBT, NO going back... and NO DIVISION by physical differences. Did you feel that quickening in your Spirit with YOUR kids? Did you feel it the first time you hugged you husband before you even knew he was your husband? I believe God does allow us to experience each other in the Spirit, but we are often too busy and desensitized to feel it. Next time you hug someone... keep you Spirit alert!
Oh yeah... one more thing...Aboriginal people also believe we are ALL one family... BLOOD family, EVEN if we vary in color. They would welcome you or me, just as well as they would welcome someone we would classify as one of them. They do not see color... they see family. NO MATTER WHAT...they seriously believe (as do I) that we are all one family, with NOTHING dividing us. AMEN!!!!!!???????

8 comments:

angela said...

yes, i'm with you, hope! color is absolutely nothing. thanks for sharing! cute picture, by the way!

Angela said...

Great stuff Hope. Thanks for sharing. I love that cute little smile on David. I'm still so pumped that you guys are his forever family!!!

Hope and Rob said...

Thanks guys!!!! We're pumped too!!! Glad you had a good vacation you-you! You deserved it!

Kathy Eden said...

Amen sister!!! That picture is great!

Michelle said...

You know, it is so true! If you think about it, everyone came from Adam and Eve so we are all family!! Everybody now, "we are family....."

Kathy Eden said...

Michelle, Phoebe will help you sing it...she loves that song...although it's not all "sisters" now :o)

Kristina said...

I heard a scientist say that on a molecular level in our blood they can prove we are all connected like family. Cool huh?

Thanks Hope for sharing with us!

Elias said...

just got home from an evening service where we sang a song called "We Will Dance" Part of the song says "We will Dance on the streets that are golden. The Glorious Bride and the Great Son of Man. And every tongue, and tribe and nation will join in the song of the Lamb."

I love the fact that God's family and His love and truth know no social or racial or any other boundary.

you-you's brother