Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Naming Isabel


Ok... TIME FOR AN AMAZING STORY!!! So we have been tossing around ideas for names for David and Guillanda, part of me hates renaming them, not wanting to take away from who they are... but part of me wants to give them a fresh start. Well, while in Haiti and especially on the way home I was thinking of what we might name Guillanda. Rob suggested Naomi... which we both really liked... but come to find out there is actually another Naomi in our town adopted from Three Angels!!! What is the chance of that happening! Yet even before knowing that, I kept telling Rob I really felt like her name was a very soft name with an "s" in it. I felt like it was at the tip of my tongue, but I just couldn't place it! Well, two nights ago it finally rolled off my tongue! Isabel. At times I think she looks like an Isabel, other times I don't, so I was still not 100% sure... but 99%~ I liked this name... and Rob liked it too. Well, today, I went over to my moms house for awhile and while I was sitting and chatting with her I mentioned that we were thinking about naming Guillanda, Isabel. Then my mom teared up and told me we "better name her Isabel" and she reminded me of something that happened about two years ago, possibly about the time of Isabel's birth.

Mom's Pastor was giving a sermon series about intercession and due to the messages mom went home that night and prayed that if God really wanted to use her to intercede for someone, that He would do it, she was open to it. Well later that night she woke up and clearly felt God ask her to "Pray for the children". What children? She had no clue what to focus on so she prayed for all the children around the world. After praying she went back to sleep and a couple hours later, she woke up again, hearing God tell her "Pray for Isabel". My mom claims to have never heard God so clearly before that night, or even since then! So "WHO IN THE WORLD is Isabel" she wondered, then she prayed. I COMPLETELY remember the day that I came over and she asked me if I knew anyone named Isabel, because God woke her up to pray for her last night. I racked my brain, but I couldn't think of anyone, only a little girl in my preschool class who seemed to be fine and healthy. So time passed and I never thought much about it again UNTIL TODAY!!! Who is Isabel? It is the little girl I held, whose smell I already know, who needed a soft name with an "s" in it! Isabel Guillanda Krotzer! How happy this day of confirmation has made my heart! Thank you Lord for using Grandma so well!!!

13 comments:

Kristina said...

That ROCKS!!!!!!!!

I love it! I have "Jesus" bumps!!!!!

Go grandma!

Michelle said...

Wow, what an amazing confirmation!! I love the name!!

angela said...

wow! so i'm looking at the screen a bit dumbfounded and thinking of what to say and i can hear kristina's voice saying, "that ROCKS!!" and i think she's right! that is incredible! she's a beautiful isabel! i have always loved that name!

Kathy Eden said...

Okay...I'm contemplating not reading your blog anymore because every time I do, I cry! :o) That was a beautiful story & Isabel is a beautiful name!

Angela said...

I got the "Jesus" bumps too. That is soooo cool!!! What an awesome story to tell your sweet baby girl one day.

Hope and Rob said...

AND NOW... you all have made ME cry! I'm just such an emotional blub right now... don't get me worng all good emotions! We are so blessed by the support we receive from you all! And you-you, honestly to know you love the name... well that made me cry the most, because you know this sweet girl more than I do right now, and I'm glad you think she's a beautiful Isabel!!!

Elisabeth said...

WOW! that is grerat! I love that name.... when i was yonger i used to name ALL of my dolls Isabel!

angela said...

i had a really hard time not calling her that today and seeing if she'd respond. you'd better come soon and tell her yourself!

Hope and Rob said...

We are wondering what to do about David!? You-you, do you think he will want a new name? We just don't have peace about it yet. We kinda feel that it would help him to keep his identity if he keeps his name, but if his sister gets a new name and he doesn't is that wierd?? Will he feel jipped?! Has he been wanting a new name?? We want to do what he wants... we just don't know what that is.

Hope and Rob said...

Oh yeah... and Kathy... come on...your not allowed to stop reading my blog!! =) And Lizzie when you come to Haiti you will now get to hold a REAL doll named Isabel!!!

Michelle said...

I don't know what David wants, but I know my kids LOVED getting new names. Especially Mia, for quite sometime she was adamant about being called...Mia Grace. And Noah, well he loved to proclaim that his name was Noah!

http://michellecundiff.blogspot.com/2006/10/li-rele-noah.html

Angela said...

We kept Steven's first name but gave him Shawn's middle name and he was so pumped to have the same middle name as Shawn and the same initials...SMC (Steven Michael Collins). Belle's first name is Angela which we kept but are calling her by her middle name because Shawn kept getting confused and didn't want 2 Angela's in the house. Just follow your heart. It took us several months to figure out what to do about the name situation. Whatever you decide, they will love it because you picked it for them!!!

angela said...

yeah, i'm with them. he doesn't need a new name, per se, but it might be neat to have a middle name . . . david isn't as outgoing as say, steven, so you can't read him as easily and since i can't come right out and ask him . . . i mean, he doesn't really know you're his mom yet, right? he does, but we haven't confirmed it with him. so i can't so much ask about his name. i'll be praying for you!