Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ok Moms...How do you do it!!!

How do you wake up in the morning and not cry!!! Those of you who are not moms... just imagine that you have been waiting to have children for years and once you have them you can't touch them or talk to them. It is SO MUCH harder than I thought it would be. I just cry without warning... and I really never used to do that about anything. I feel like I have had the loves of my life taken SO far away from me. At least I have the peace that they are alive, healthy and they have great people taking care of them, that is more than some people have. But I am CONSTANTLY wanting to know what's going through their minds. Does David understand how much we really LOVE him and that we will do anything for him?? What was Guillanda thinking as I had to sit her in the middle of the nursery floor and walk away from her, those big brown eyes looking at me and questioning why I just sat her down after such a good cuddle session. Not to mention that pouty lip hanging down... I LOVE that pouty lip. I love those kids... I want them deperately to understand... WE ARE COMING BACK!! WE LOVE THEM.... WE have not forgot about them!!!!! MOMS... how do you do it?? How will I ever be able to focus on anything else in life again!!!????? Through the help of God I'm sure. Please pray for our little family! =)

9 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Pray...cry...pray...cry...distract...pray...cry...distract...It's not easy! I know it's even harder for the moms that don't have other children at home. Praying for God's loving arms to wrap around you & give you His peace & comfort during this time.

Michelle said...

It is hard, Hope! My first trip home after visiting Noah was very hard! I remember it well. It does get a little easier and I imagine it will make the moment we bring them home that much more incredible!! Praying for you!!

Angela said...

I hear ya sister. It's so hard to come home to an empty house after holding the loves of your life in your arms. You feel so empty. You have so much love to give and yet they are so far away. I'm with Kathy on this one...pray...cry...pray some more...cry some more. It does get easier and then you have those days where you just break down because you miss them so much it hurts. Hang in there. I'm still just sooooo excited about your new family. God is amazing!!!

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina said...

Somehow the children know. Remember they have been there awhile and have watched countless other parents come and go and come again. Trust me they know!!!

I admit I do not know the pain you feel as a mom with no children at home, yet. But I assure you those of us with children already still ach to hold our children too.

After watching Angela here at home and talking to Holly and Fiona this last trip I was made aware of the emptiness you all feel. So I will be praying for you all that your wait would be short.

In the meantime I agree crying helps and praying. Before I ever went on my first trip to Haiti I prayed that God would speak to Jonas' spirit to let him know he had a forever family and to show him who we were. i believe our prayers were answered. I truly believe when we ask God to speak to their spirits, he does.

We have watched children who previously had no parents go from sullen reserved children to bubbling personalities, whithout meeting their families yet. Just my opinion that they know they are loved!

Welcome to the family of those of us who are adopting and make sure to subscribe to the yahoo support group!

Kathy Eden said...

Ditto to what Kristina said & I know that my one daugther who described as very quiet & shy has blossomed since knowing she has a family although she hasn't met us yet & the other daughter who may not "totally understand" a lot of things, understands that she has a family who will be taking her home some day. My prayers are with you during this time.

Hope and Rob said...

Thanks everyone! I will continue to pray and cry!!! I'm very thankful for your support!

By the way your children are all so awesome! Kathy... I cuddled with Shakira a lot... she is so happy, and she LOVED being spun around in circles... she would laugh so hard. It made the nannies smile to see her laughing.

Kathy Eden said...

I'll tell Randy about the spinning circles...he's our "professional spinner" in the house.

Shannon H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.