Wednesday, May 23, 2007

99.999999% SURE!

Ok.... so you have been waiting!!! And WE'RE back!!! Never in our lives have we undergone such emotion! I found my self kinda emotionally stunned during this trip! I honestly have no idea WHERE to start.

Have we found our kids??? Well, we are 99.999999% sure! Why not 100%? Well it happens to be a huge decision, and the biggest thing holding us back is that we don't want any children to end up heart broken if we don't have it all together. We are not so much worried about ourselves.

You see, there may be more children involved in the process than the ones mentioned below...so we have not yet asked any kids if they want to be ours yet because we would like to ask them all together as a family. AND YET... WE WOULD LOVE to just ask them, it's so hard not to. I think one of them has it figured out in his mind however, I hope so anyway!

(You-you... We need your email address ours is prayforasia@netzero.net)

David and Guillanda!

We have had confirmation that this is right, even during our few hours back to life at home... one of my sisters KNEW these two would be our kids. There have been others that have mentioned this to us as well. And I do recall dragging Rob upstairs to the office one day to show him these two, telling him I was pretty sure GOD was asking us to adopt them.

Honestly coming to the "O" was awesome! The first couple days I was emotionally overwhelmed with not knowing who our kids were... I just looked at Rob one night and told him, "If nothing else, we DO know, the next part of our family is at least on this island somewhere. We are at least all on the same piece of land and in the same area!" I needed to weigh the benefits. As much as I heard people say, "you will just KNOW when you see your kids",... I wasn't KNOWING fast enough for my own likeing! So if you are reading this and you still don't know who your kids are, I would suggest not being scared if it takes some time. I was a little in panic mode... thinking if it was unclear it must just not be right, but it wasn't that, it was that God wanted to show us who are kids were in amazingly delicious emotional waves! And He did. I'm glad He did it the way HE knows best!!!

After a couple days I was able to look at David and Guillanda and KNOW that was our boy and our baby girl. And leaving them WAS NOT an easy process. I have found myself crying OFTEN today... and I DON'T CRY!!! I have never loved anything nearly as much as I love God and Rob, until now. NEVER EVER, until now... and don't get me wrong... I love a lot of people sincerely, but there IS no love like the love you have for your Creator and the family He gives you.

I guess we just ask that you all pray with us that God would give us 100% peace! We are in need of more funding to get our homestudy going. Yet God has AMAZINGLY provided so far and we believe He is able to see this through. Thank you SO MUCH if you are one that has given!

I just can't wrap all this up into words. AT ALL!!! I am in the midst of such a whirl wind, what I just shared with you does not do justice for what we are feeling! But thank you for being by our side!!!!

-Hope and Rob

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Praise God!!!! I just told Jeremy this morning that I hoped it would be David and Guillanda. I am sooooo excited!!!! Praying for peace that passes all understanding!

Angela said...

Oh my gosh!!!! David is one of my favorites. His smile melted my heart last June and he wanted so desperately to come to St. Joseph with us when we brought Steven and Belle back. It broke my heart. I have not stopped praying for him since we left and I knew God would find the perfect family for him. I'm so glad it is you and Rob. Troy had nothing but amazing things to say about you two. What a huge answered prayer. I'm sooooo excited for you...and David!!!! Praise God!!!

Elisabeth said...

I will pray! I am soooo glad that you believe that you have found you forever family!!!

Kathy Eden said...

Praise God!!! He is faithful!!! I'm excited with David & Guillanda as well. I have a lot of pictures of Guillanda with Samara because they are play mates. We will have to keep in touch when they all get home.