Monday, May 14, 2007

Going soon!!

There is so much going through my mind, so this entry may not flow very well, but nonetheless...we needed to update!
First and foremost, let us tell you how blessed we are! We continue to get donations pouring in as we need them! Not only are we able to go early to Haiti, our trip in July is almost paid for too! It is so awesome to see God working in this process. Next we will need to pray for funding for our home study. We know it will come one way or another, as will the funding for the rest of the process. Right now we can say we have NO IDEA how it will happen financially, but that gives us even more reason to rejoice when it does! God is good and so are the hearts of His children. We are so blessed. Our families have been so supportive about puting together a fund raiser!! Please pray for this as it will soon be coming together. Pray for wisdom for the best thing to do!
So, a few people have been cautioning us to be prepared if this is not yet time for us to adopt. It's kinda frustrating, yet great words of advice. It just is an emotional roller coaster isn't it!!! I can't imagine going to Haiti in a few days and finding out it is NOT time to adopt!! It would be so painful! An emotional miscarriage! Please pray for our hearts to be prepared for anything, and at peace with God's plan!
I love that we are starting to even tell our nieces and nephews about the possibility of them having new cousins. I'm not sure they know how to take it yet, but I'm excited for what they will be able to teach our children about life, and about what our children will teach them about life!!!
Please pray for us and our children to just KNOW each other when we see each other. Pray that there would be a confirmation in our souls that we are a family! I can't imagine making a DECISION of who belongs in our family~ so we need God to show us all to each other. During pregnancy, a woman gets the gift that grows within her without deciding on the complete make up of the child. So when people ask... are you getting a boy or a girl, one or two, how old, are they healthy??? We might start saying... we don't know, we haven't had our adoption ultrasound yet!! =) I guess we could call this our ultrasound trip!!!
Please pray for us as we fly out EARLY Thursday morning!!
I have butterflies already!
Last but not least, for those of you who don't know yet... we have also adopted a horse... and it was totally God's plan for this moment in time. God has taught us so much about adoption through Blaze. Don't get me wrong... we have a TON to learn, but blaze has taught me personally about patience, giving time selflessly, showing gentle authority, working daily on relationship building, casting aside fear, being intentional, using wisdom, being brave for HIS sake, (like... feeding him with lightening flashing through the air, grooming him as yellow jackets land on my arm... remembering I CAN'T freak out, he needs to see my confidence... if you know me, yellow jackets and lightening are FAR from my favorite things!!!!) For sure in these times, God has spoken to me about how we will need all these attributes with our children. He has spoke to me about communicating to someone who can't speak my language, and relying a lot on body language, facial features and tone of voice. And He has taught me that combing through the tangles (in his mane and in his attitude) has been very good for both of us. He taught me that it is WORTH working through the tangles and not just avoiding them or cutting them all away... we have gotten much closer by working through them. It will be like that with our kids. They will have tangles in life that we as a family will work through patiently instead of avoiding them. Thankfully God is like that with us! Isn't it so true that when we totally let Him work through our tangles, we get closer to Him, we start to trust Him more? Thankfully He never just cuts them off, what would we learn from that!!?? How would we bond!? How would we see how loving He truly is?? One more thing... I will never know what it's like to be adopted, I may never be able to compare to my children in that area, but Blaze will be able to! Blaze's previous owner loved him tremendously, so much that he was willing to give him to a new home since he could no longer care for him. And Blaze will be better for it. Blaze will thrive for his owners decision!
We will update you as soon as we come back!!! Thank you for your prayers.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

It's so exciting! I can't wait to read your post after coming home. God is preparing the way, just continue to trust and follow. I pray you will know that you know that you know who your child(ren) is! Have a wonderful trip!!!

Elisabeth said...

Oh! I am sooo happy for you! I CAN NOT wait to meet you in Haiti this summer!!! I am all ready starting to get things together for my trip. Tree Angels have been getting more children in lately. I hope one of them could be yours one day! Yes, adoptions are painful but it is worth it!!! But i must warn you, Haitian babies are addictive! :)

Hope and Rob said...

Thanks Michelle and Lizzie. We appreciate you both!!! And Lizzie we got your post about the most recent 5 year old. Just keep praying with us. You weren't too forward at all. We appreciate your passion! No matter what, God will bring him what/who he needs, because we are all praying for him! At the moment we feel God leading us to adopt a brother and sister. But we will know more soon. We can't wait to see you either!!!

Kristina said...

We haven't met yet either but I'm glad you found my blog so I could find yours! Welcome to the world of blogging and adoption!!!

God WILL show you who your children are. And it will be so exciting. Every adoption story is different. Sit back and enjoy your story as it unfolds! I can't wait to hear.

Angela said...

Wow!!! Amazing post. It was great to read your thoughts. I totally understand the emotional miscarriage. My husband and I wanted to adopt from China years ago but were restricted by age. After several physical miscarriages, this emotional one was tough. We had picked a sibling group of 3 from TA's that we felt called to and their parents came and picked them up the week before we got there (another emotional miscarriage). I was devastated. When we went to Haiti, we had no intentions of adopting. We just went on a mission trip to build and clean stuff. My husband and I decided before hand not to get attached to the children. God revealed his plan to us while we were there. Totally not what I expected or was even looking for. I had totally given up on the thought of children period!! I praise Him now for clearing the way for us to adopt Steven and Belle. It sure didn't make sense at the time but these 2 children are his perfect will for our family...no doubt!!! Just hang in there sister. Know that I am praying for you specifically in this area. You will know either way and I am praying for God's peace, which passes all understanding to guard your heart. Just be open to his voice and pray for clarity. He WILL bring it!!!

Hope and Rob said...

Thanks everyone!!! It's so great to have this support network!!! Rob and I have been trying to have children for almost 4 years. AND interestingly enough, also feel called to adopt from China, but God is redirecting that right now. The restrictions for Chinese adoption have become even more rigid this month. This was the year WE would have finally been able to adopt from there since we too were restricted by age, THIS year happened to be the same year these new restrictions come into place and again make it impossible for us to adopt from there! SO... thank God for His divine direction to show us the children who are to come into our family at this time. Thank you Angela for your understanding and encouragement!! Thank you Kristina as well!!!!!