Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mighty Like a Rose


Our dad used to sing this around Christmas time along with a Roger Whittaker record he had... although he may not have had the best voice =) (and although we will were all girls)... and although thinking of him singing actually usually makes me crack up... he sang it because he was so sentimental. And now hearing it this Christmas I can't help think off all our kids. Now I know how my dad felt when he would sing this so sappily... and now I know why he was so sappy. =) The song is actually intended to remind us of baby Jesus... but my dad applied it to us, his own kids... I have never seen a man love his kids so much as our dad loved us, until I saw Rob with our own.


Sweetest little fellow everybody knows

don't know what to call him but he's might like a rose

looking at his mommy with eyes so shiny blue

makes you feel like heaven is coming close to you

when he's there sleeping in his little place

think I see the angels looking through the lace

when the dark is falling when the shadows creep

then they come up tip toe to kiss him in their sleep


Although Dad isn't here any more, he is STILL teaching me SO much!
MERRY CHRISTMAS DAD!

1 comment:

angela said...

hope, i am still praying for your babies. i can't wait to see how the Lord provides! merry Christ-mas!