Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Isaiah 43

So I have to say in the week before Christmas I was laying it all down before the Lord AGAIN in a heavy way. Asking Him to be sure to direct our path. God has given us SO much confirmation that we are to press on with these adoptions that it's silly and actually a reflection of my weak faith, to continue to ask for more. So I basically asked for a "NO", if we are going down the wrong road we need a blatant no. I can't take a hint here God... like the parents taking the kids back... to me that's not a no... that is a mountain you can move... so I need a NO, I need a NO that I will not question and it will hurt and I will grieve but I will respect it, because it's from you Lord.
So three days later in church, a woman who does not really know Rob or me or too much about our situation, comes up to us with a word that God had asked her to share with us....




"Do not be afraid for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy one of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored and I love you. Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will gather you and your children from east and west."



God never EVER ceases to amaze me. We have never received a blatant no. You see... it is the hundereds of God incidences like this that we cannot ignore just because the world does not seem to make sense.

10 comments:

angela said...

and you, hope, never cease to give me goosebumps! wow! keep on trusting, friend! He knows the plans He has for you!!

Anonymous said...

Truly amazing! I can see just from looking at those beautiful pictures of you and your kids that it is meant to be. Never give up!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Just keep trusting in Him, Hope! He has all your answers and will prevail; just as He has been doing up through now.

Love and hugs!
Colleen

Hope and Rob said...

Thanks everyone, we are blessed to have people like you praying alongside us!

Tanya said...

That is awesome, Hope! Both your faithfulness to God and His to you and your family is truly amazing!!

Kathy Eden said...

Okay...got all choked up over that...God is SO good!

Angela said...

He is amazing and your faith is inspiring. You need to have a tissue warning with this post. :) I continue to pray for you and for this journey you are on. He is faithful and I love his hundreds of incidences!!!!

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina said...

Sister...you keep on believing!!! We are praying right beside you.

I have found that most adoption journeys require us adopting parents to believe what we can not see.

We love you!

Hope and Rob said...

Thanks for all your encouragement! We love you all as well!!