Sunday, October 21, 2007

Potter's House (um..and then some)

Today I am SO SO THANKFUL for our awesome church family. I have to say they deserve credit for being humble and willing to serve each other and not making church a scheduled, program based show. Today after worship Pastor Carla was prompted to have people pray over me and for Rob and I and the adoption. I mean they "stopped everything" right before the sermon, had me stand up where I was, had people around me lay hands on me and everyone else stretch their hands toward me and pray. I mean ME.. I am one out of HUNDREDS at that church!!!! Do you know how many churches would just say "well... if we do that for you we would have to do that for EVERYBODY" instead of just obediently praying. Uggghhhh... we are so blessed! She prayed for a great PUSH to get the process moving. She hadn't even heard the down side of the roller coaster yet... I believe she was just being obedient to God's prompting... because this isn't over yet. It was so humbling to have faith family, I mean MANY MANY people, stop what they were doing and PRAY just for us and the kids... and no one rolled their eyes or grumbled about it to my knowledge. Not many churches do this and I praise God that He is convicting more and more of His children to minister this way. Praise God for churches that are REAL!!! Praise God for churches that care about EVERY part of the body and try their best to let no one get lost in the shuffle! Praise God for Pastors that take the limelight off themselves and minister to the church obediently. PRAISE God for people who KNOW He is still the SAME as ever, He still does MIRACLES!!! He still SPEAKS!!!! He still HEALS!!!! Thank you Potter's House for loving us and blessing us today. Your prayers WILL come to fruition!


One more thing... totally unrelated to Potter's House... Just in general...
I REALLY need to vent...

Do you want to know the most frustrating part of this process actually... people that pity us... I mean their intentions are "good"... I love them, they obviously love us... don't get me wrong (and please don't mistake pity with showing you care... we still need to see THAT... we LOVE all the cards, calls and notes we've been getting... don't be afraid to show us you care just due to my impatient spat here). I'm sorry, I have to get it out. It's people that think this is the end, people that have lost faith even though they still think they have it. COME ON!!! WE CAN'T give up just after a couple of bumps. I honestly have caught myself trying to apologize because there are people who honestly think I am in denial... so I talk differently to those people as if I NEED to be in denial for their sake because they have given up on God being AWESOME. Forgive me God!! I'm sorry but...sometimes I want to yell... "People WHERE has your FAITH GONE"!!! He tells us to worry NOT... it does not add a minute to our lives... do you know worry and discouragement are lack of faith... and I am not pointing fingers... I worry and I get discouraged... and I am right now to extent... but I am willing to TRY to STOP doing that and ask God to refocus me on His truth I WILL NOT DWELL in negativity. I mean NOAH... how hard would it have been to be NOAH and build that "silly" ark!!! THAT was faith!!! And that's only ONE example. That's how we should still be living today! Do you wonder why false religions seem to be drawing more people... because Christians LACK belief in the very thing they believe!!!!!! If you are losing faith, please read your Bible and regard it as truth... EVERY bit of it... not just the parts you can explain... if that's the way you read the Bible then you have only faith in yourself and that gets you NOWHERE...or, actually.... somewhere... I would rather not see ANYONE go! I know it takes time for us to grow and embrace things in our walk and build our faith... but some of the people that have given up on God surprise me... they have been with God for quite some time. WHERE in the Bible does God say... and now I shall STOP doing miracles... now I shall stop talking to my people. Umm... honestly if you find it let me know... I will apologize. Yes, I still believe there are people SO FULL of God's Spirit (because they allow them selves to be) that when their SHADOW falls on believers needing healing... healing COMES!!! It HAPPENED IN THE BIBLE.... what in the world do WE think has changed??? We CLING to that same faith awaiting the return of our children once again! And I am totally NOT pointing fingers at ANYONE here... I love everyone who is supporting us, no matter how they know best to do it... I'm just saying... if you know better... stop being so silly.

ok
yes.... that feels better
I think I'm going to be just fine.

11 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Amen sister!!! Praise God for such a "real" church!

Abbie said...

just a cute story to share mom to mom - the day we were leaving we were at the O to drop of Annabella. I had not yet met your children, but Caleb came up to me at the bench in front of the O and just simply sat on my lap. I asked him in Creole what his name is and he answered "Caleb". He was content to just sit on my lap for a bit and be held after that he was off to ride the bike again. I also saw Isabel at that time, but it took a while for Annabella to notice her. When she did Isabel had just run by again and disappeared around the corner and Annabella looked twice, then ran to look around the corner just to make sure she saw what she thought she saw. It was all a rather brief (4-5 min.)but sweet interaction.

Also we really enjoyed meeting your friends on our trip!!

Hope and Rob said...

Awesome Abbie! Thanks for that!!! Sorry about my crazy entry... I am just fed up with negative people right now... I am actually a nice person! =) I LOVE Annabella too!!! When I was down there in May I just held her so much. She has come so far since then!!

Angela said...

Gotta love "Debbie Downers" as I call them.

I'm believing right along with ya that YOUR kids are coming back!!! Your post reminded me of these verses:

Psalm 42:5 - ...Put your hope in God, FOR I WILL YET PRAISE HIM, my Savior and my God.

Micah 7:7 - But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord. I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

I don't think it is a coincidence that your name is Hope. You are living out your name and bringing glory to God.

2 Corinthians 2:14 - But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.

Gail said...

We live in a society of negativity, it shows itself in our homes and churches way too much. BUT, hold the faith that God has provided to you.

When I encounter "Debbie Downers" as Angela likes to call them, I simply smile and then walk away, often praying for them to be filled with the joy that God sends us in the midst of trial, if we allow Him to. God does not change and miracle's are His speciality.

You are Caleb and Isabel's mom, today, tomorrow and forever more!

Hope and Rob said...

THANK YOU everyone!!! I'm glad to see that I am backed up in the faith!!! Love you all!!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting this Hope!! It is exactly what should be said. Maybe we should respond as Jesus did, "oh ye of little faith."

Praying for YOUR kids to come home where they belong!

Tanya said...

I am believing right along with you and Rob and the others that this is just another bump in the road that Satan has left to see if you will stumble. You have a such great faith that I know that your "mountain" will soon be cast into the sea and your children will be home with you. God cannot help but bless you guys for your unwavering faith in Him and His plan.

livingpurereligion said...

The enemy seeks to destroy and devour. He wants to break us... our faith... our hope... our trust. Praise be to God that we serve a risen Savior. He defeated Satan on the cross and has given to each of us victory over the devil. We praise God that you are being supported and lifted up by such an amazing church body. We are also standing with you in belief and faith that God is infinitely more powerful than any of the schemes of Satan.

Unknown said...

Praying and Believing!!!

Anonymous said...

we've been praying for you guys on my wing at school. I put the kids pictures up in the bathroom and lots of girls have been asking about them- we're praying for miracles here! I know that whatever He is doing, He's going to get more glory out of it. And He already has...your response to everything is such a blessing to watch. Thank you!
-Shanley