Sunday, October 28, 2007

Glory Magnified By Shadows

As we drove to church this morning, I caught myself thinking about how morning is my favorite time of the day. What I really like about it is the way the shadows and the bright rising sun mix. I look at how the beams of sunlight hit the bright fall trees in contrast to the shadows... and I have to say... the shadows make the sunny spots stick out even more. If it weren't for those LONG morning shadows, I don't think I would appreciate the beauty of the morning like I do.
So it is with life. If we didn't have to go through shadows in life... we wouldn't appreciate what we really have as much, would we. SO during this shadowy time, I rejoice because as I sit in the shadow, I see all the beauty of the good things that I DO HAVE in my life! And although I could think of this shadow as gloom... I don't. I will continue to think of myself as being under the shadow of God's wings! And I continue to believe.

As I prayed for the kids this morning in church, I closed my eyes and the Holy Spirit helped me to envision a mighty King riding His horse through the streets of Haiti. He was searching out the birth father of our children. He found him napping in his house and knelt at his bedside to minister to him. And I thought... only OUR King would humble himself to come to the bedside of one of his children to minister. Of course in my ignorance, I was standing right by the shoulder of the Lord cheering Him on as He made their father's heart right. The King however, lovingly told me to step back and allow Him to minister to His son. He was not rejecting me, but reminding me of my place. He does NOT love Caleb, Isabel and Daniel's Dad any less than he loves me. He is not going to just hand a miracle to us and rip something away from him. He is giving their father a chance to listen and correct his heart. A time to grow and be challenged. He reminded me that HE COULD just miraculously solve all this quickly, but in that, growth would not happen and He would not see their father's faith strengthened but possibly weakened and frustrated. A good parent does not give food to one of His children and forget about the others. He feeds them all and gives them all His equal attention, love, time and support. He gives us all time and works tenderly with us. I have been humbled... as I sit in awe of my God! Praise Him!!

13 comments:

Angela said...

Wow Hope...I continue to be in awe of your insight. That is Spirit inspired. How amazing that you are able to see this through His eyes. It's a beautiful thing. Thanks for challenging me. Continuing to pray but now with a focus on the Dad being ministered to. Praise God for loving all of us equally!!!

angela said...

you amaze me! thank you for this post, hope! i cannot even begin to fathom His love! what an incomprehensible gift!

Tanya said...

That was awesome, Hope! God has given you such wonderful insight! Oftentimes we ask for something we desire and don't stop to consider the fact that in order for us to have what we want someone else may have to sacrifice something that they want. Sometimes it is easy for us to forget the bio parents of our children and discount the pain and suffering that they are experiencing in placing their children for adoption. They truly are bigger people than I am for regardless of the circumstances, I am not certain that I could part with my child(ren). God bless them all for their unselfishness. I will continue to pray for Caleb, Isabel and Daniel's birth father that God will give him peace with his situation and allow him to see beyond this moment and into his children's future.

Anonymous said...

Hope, Thank you for your example. Your faith challenges and encourages me! You are so right, God's love is equal. He loves all his children.

Elisabeth said...

Hope, you conintue to help me grow in my connectin with God! I know these are just blog posts but your post are awesome! I, too, continue to pray for Caleb, Isabel, and Daniel and thier father & mother.

It's Gonna Be Me said...

You are an amazing inspiration to so many of us, Hope! Thank you for taking the time to share your relationship with the Lord with all of us in your writings. I know I am learning so much about my faith through you.

I will continue to pray for you and your family faithfully!

Blessings!
Colleen

lori shepler - said...

thank you for sharing

lori http://fromourbunchtoyours.blogspot.com/

Kristina said...

We are praying in agreement with you.
What an awesome vision God gave you. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Gail said...

Thank you, Hope...thank you!

Michelle said...

Thank you, Hope!

livingpurereligion said...

Beautiful! I am praying!

Brandy and Troy said...

7 CommentsClose this window Jump to comment form
you-you said...
i just woke up and the first thing i did was pray for my children who are not with me. we won't give up!

October 26, 2007 8:02 AM


Kathy Eden said...
We continue to pray & EXPECT them to return soon! {{{ Hugs }}}

October 26, 2007 11:24 AM


jamie said...
We continue to pray with you!

October 26, 2007 11:38 AM


The Monfils family ~ said...
We pray faithfully each day for your family!
Hugs!
Colleen

October 27, 2007 2:22 PM


kait combes said...
Hope and Rob,
My name is Kaitlyn, and I spent last week at Three Angels. I was there when Caleb, Isabel, and Daniel came back. I wanted to tell you I am praying for the three of them, that God will take care of them while they're with their birthmom, and that God will change their father's heart and he will sign. Today at church we sang a song that says, "Savior, he can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save" and I thought of this situation. I believe God will move this mountain and change their dad's mind so they can join your family.
I will keep praying!
-Kaitlyn

October 28, 2007 2:37 PM


Hope and Rob said...
Thanks SO SO much everyone! Thank you for believing with us!!! Kait I am SO glad you were able to meet our kids! Nice to "meet" you! Thank you for joining us in prayer!

October 28, 2007 4:00 PM


Brandy said...
Hope..you don't know me. I was also at Three Angels this summer and fell in love with all of the kids. I am praying for you and YOUR children. This entry was so touching. It showed me how we may not see things happen, but it is in is happening in the spirit! Praying..Praying...Praying!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Hope:

I am Lynn Painter, a friend of the Gray family in Redding, CA. Carsen asked me to pray for your children, and I have spent many days thinking and lifting them to our father. I am an adoptive mother to three children, and understand the ups and downs of the adoption cycle. I have grown to love these children through the love of Christ.... You are an amazing woman, and a testimony of Christ working through you in this situation. May God be glorified in your life and in the life of these children, and in the birth father... We may not understand what he allows us to go through, but we know that God is God... always.... and we can't do anything without HIM... To God Be the GLORY!!!
Painter@digitalpath.net