Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm sure you're wondering

And so are we. First of all praise God that the Orphanage David and Guillanda used to live in did not collapse and the children are all ok. I'm sure there are many employees however who have tragedy in their families and I am sure there are some that have not yet been heard from.

As for David and Guillanda's family... we know nothing and it may be a very long time before we know. The orphanage needs to work on their immediate concerns before they can send anyone to look for them of course so we are just trying our best to trust and put them in God's hands. Just please pray for them. And pray diligently.

Someone once told me when I was pregnant "Having your 'own' baby will help so much, you will love her so much more than David and Guillanda... you'll see... it's just different when they're 'your own'"

I can honestly say... that is not true at all. We think of David and Guillanda every day and this tragedy has proved more than ever that we love them just the same as Hannah. There is a deep connection that happened that we just honestly cannot explain. Although we totally respect that they have birth parents that love them and are raising them... they are in our hearts as our children too. We love them so much. If I could... I would go dig through rubble too and just honestly run through Petionville screaming their names like I did in my dream last night to see if anyone would answer. Maybe even just someone who knows them. When the news reports come on... I get close to the TV to see if maybe David or Guillanda are in the background. I don't know that I have ever had to lean on God as much as right now.

For those of you who have helped raise money for our adoptions of David and Guillanda, we still have it all in an account and we are seeking God on how best to use it during this crisis. It WILL be used now. We will not be keeping it for a future adoption as we have planned up to this point. When that day comes God will provide again if it's His will too. To keep the money during such massive need would be very selfish, and if you disagree, I love you... but I would love to sit you in the middle of Haiti right now and ask you to hold that cash in your hands and tell those people you would not help because you are going to save that money to build your future family as their current families are ravaged among them. So please understand... your efforts to raise this money for us... astonished us and BLESSED us and showed us how loved we are, now it's time to put all that fund raising to good work. Thank you. Little did you know back then what your money would REALLY be doing today.

I will keep you all updated as well as I can.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You don't have to explain the connection. Some of us "get it." Praying for you guys, David, Guillanda, and Daniel along with many birth families and loved ones we are waiting to hear from.

Oh, and I do the same thing with the TV. Scan, scan, scan for a familiar face.

I think it's amazing that you are going to use the money to bring aid to Haiti.

Salzwedel Family said...

My love and prayers are with you all. I understand your pain very well.