Thursday, January 17, 2008

There's A Light

Today I was listening to the new Third Day song... Light at the End of This Tunnel. I love it... it is SO SO encouraging! And yet a thought hit me(thank you Holy Spirit)... while we find it encouraging that there is a light at the end of the tunnel... are we forgetting the torch that we have while we are walking through the tunnel. Jesus' gift to us was the Holy Spirit... I feel like I forget that sometimes, just pushing along... trying to get to the END of the tunnel, because I guess I think that is the only place the light is... but it's not! There is a Light right in me... so I have a torch in the tunnel! It may ruin the song... I'm not sure how Third Day might add that in there. But I was so encouraged when God reminded me today that we don't have to WAIT for the end of the tunnel to have His power, guidance and strength!

"This is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1: 5-7
What in the world was I doing in the tunnel in the first place I guess!?

4 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

I think we are in the tunnel to learn a lesson!!!
Great thoughts!

Elisabeth said...

Hope, you continue to amaze me and teach me. Some lessons i have learned from you, i think of everyday, i use everyday, and i pray about everyday. thank you, thank you so much!! sometimes i re-read some of your old posts & every time i get put into awe. its a blessing to be able to know you and to hear (read) your wisdom.

there for, there is something on my blog i would like you to see. check it out!!

Kathy Eden said...

That is so true Hope...thanks for sharing!

Blog said...

What times are you free Hope? I'd love to call and chat for a while. I miss you so much.