Friday, November 23, 2007

SO THANKFUL!

We have to admit, it was the hardest Thanksgiving EVER for the both of us. Not to form a pity party, but just to voice. We were SO SO SO humbled yesterday. We sat down TWICE to tables that were so full of food... it couldn't all fit on the tables actually. And desserts to boot. I mean sometimes I hate being a spoiled American... I know that sounds weird, but when you step off the front porch of America and onto the doormat of the rest of the World you realize what we take for granted! It was a nice day, to get together with family, and God did remind us to be thankful, not irritable. But we sat at those tables and all either of us wanted to do was cry and FedEx our food to Haiti. It is amazing how simply three hours away there are people only dreaming about food, we don't even know if our own kids ate yesterday, and we sat there surrounded by abundance. It makes us want to start a new tradition of eating hot dogs on Thanksgiving and sending all the money spent on preparing a huge meal, to those who DO need it. And yet, God does not want us to sit around being grumpy because of all we have, He really wants us to appreciate it. Do we really live out Thanksgiving the way God would intend it though. I mean I caught myself thinking about the years I sat around at thanksgiving , thinking of SHALLOW things that I was thankful for and thinking it was just a day to be with family. From now I on I want it to be a day that anyone would FIRST find our family on our faces before GOD in thankfulness... and I mean that... not just going around the table and trying to think of something we are thankful for, but truly MOVED to worship the Lord for what we have. We have been humbled. Thank you God! Forgive us for taking your gifts for granted!! Thank you everyone for your prayers! WE ARE SO SO THANKFUL for each and everyone one of you!!! Please continue to pray for our kids and their family.

5 comments:

Blog said...

Oh Hopey and Rob-o,

I miss you to so much. The Lord has used you both in so many lives and I just want to say thank you. Thank you for all the time you spend loving, serving and praying for those around you. You have both changed my life. Listening to my bad jokes, taking me to wed. night service and getting coffee afterwards, the times times you sat and listened, the prayers and encouraging words you offered, the support and love you gave. You have showed me who Jesus really was. You two will never know how much you mean to me. I love yous.

I leave here in 6 days and then I'm heading to San Diego to hang out with Josh Rossow for a few days and then I'll be home. I can't wait to see you. Tell Bo and Tino to get ready to play some catch and Blaze better be ready to eat some carrots and some oats with me (well, I'll eat the carrots with him but not the oats). LOVE YOUS!

Elisabeth said...

i totally know where you are coming from... well partially. why do we get to be the spoiled americans? i have been praying for you and your kids and will continue!

angela said...

hope, you continue to be the strong rock, the great example. keep it up. we're learning.
i'm thankful for you.

Angela said...

still praying for your kids and their family...

Thanking and Praising God for who He is!!!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanking & Praising God for who He is & all He has done!
We continue to pray & believe!!!